- 1 spaghetti squash (1½-2 lbs)
- ½ ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup Italian parsley or basil leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup hot water
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Coat baking sheet lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Wash squash and cut in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Pierce outside of each half a few times with fork. Place squash cut side down on baking sheet and bake about 45 minutes, or until very tender when tested with fork. Cool slightly.
- Place avocado, parsley, chives, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, and ¼ cup of the hot water in blender. Process until smooth, turning blender off and on occasionally and adding additional tbsp or two of hot water, if needed.
- Rake spaghetti-like threads of squash into serving bowl, using tines of fork. Discard skin. Drizzle pesto over squash and garnish with basil.
Weight Loss Recipes Amount per Serving: 60 Calories, 2 g Protein, 9 g carbohydrates, 3 g Fiber, 3 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium