Prep time: 5 minutes
Total times: 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp cup low-sodium chicken broth ( or vegetable stock)
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 8 slices (½ inch each) whole-wheat baguette, toasted
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 8 slices
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- Combine olive oil and onion in a medium skillet. Sauté over medium for about 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add rosemary, broth, and beans to the onions. Slimmer gently for another 5 minutes or until broth is reduced and thickened. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Fold in parsley and lemon zest. Top each baguette slice with a tomato slice and 2 tbsp of the bean mixture. Garnish with pine nuts and serve.
Weight Loss Recipes Amount per Serving: 252 calories, 9 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 32 g carbs, 11 g protein, 8 g fiber, 137 mg calcium, 4 mg iron, 43 mg sodium