- Eat before you get too hungry, as not doing so can lead to overeating.
- Eat slowly, chew food well and stop eating when you are comfortably full.
- Eat a diet containing lots of vegetables, salads and fresh fruit.
- Choose wholegrain breads and cereals, which are more filling and nutritious.
- Choose low-fat dairy foods. Try yogurt for a nutritious calcium-rich snack, or a glass of milk in the evenings to satisfy a sweet tooth when you’re craving dessert.
- Eat small portions of lean red meat, or a serving of skinless chicken, and have fish a couple of times a week: Try tinned salmon on a wholegrain roll with plenty of salad for lunch.
- Drink plenty of water to stay well hydrated, and avoid sugary drinks.