Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup 1½-inch asparagus pieces
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- 1¼ tsp sea salt, divided
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp grape seed or canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 7 ounces tomato paste
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbsp herbes de Provence
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic clove
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- Pour olive oil in a sauté pan and heat over medium. When oil is hot, add onion and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes or until soft and translucent. Add asparagus, increase heat to high, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from pan and ser aside to cool. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the crust, mix almond flour, ¼ tsp salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together oil and egg. Stir wet ingredients into almond flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Cut 2 pieces of parchment paper to the size of a baking sheet. Place the dough between the parchment and use a rolling pin to flatten it into a 10-inch circle, about ⅛ inch thick. Remove top piece of parchment and transfer bottom piece with rolled-out dough onto a baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- While the crust bakes, make the pizza sauce: Bring tomato paste, water, herbes de Provence, remaining salt, and garlic to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Spread sauce over the crust while the crust is still warm. Crumble goat cheese evenly over the sauce, then top with onion and asparagus mixture. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes to warm the cheese. Let cool briefly, then cut into 8 slices and serve.
Nutrition score per serving (2 slices):483 calories, 35 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 23 g carbs, 18 g protein, 8 g fiber, 194 mg calcium, 5 mg iron, 1,114 mg sodium.
Related ArticlesAlmond flour the new superfood ?
Weight Loss Recipes : Chicken And Dumpling Soup With Red Peppers And Spinach
Weight Loss Recipes : Asparagus and Goat Cheese Pizza
Weight Loss Recipes : Pancakes With Blueberry-Peach Sauce