Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 3 tbsp lemongrass, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup shallots, minced
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Asian fish sauce
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (5 oz.), thin-cut ( ⅓” to ½”) bone-in center-cut pork chops
- Low fat cooking spray
Ingredient for the carrots
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 2” matchsticks (about 2 cups)
- Combine lemongrass, garlic, shallots, dark brown sugar, Asian fish sauce, soy sauce, canola oil, sesame oil, and black pepper in a food processor or blender; process until combined.
- Place pork chops in a large zip-top bag, add marinade, and gently massage into both sides of chops. Seal bag and refrigerate for about 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the carrots. In shallow bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, and salt together, stir until sugar dissolves. Add carrots, tossing well to coat. Cover and set aside, tossing once or twice until pork is ready (about 1 hour).
- When ready to cook pork, discard marinade and brush excess off meat. Heat a grill pan over medium-high. Spray pan lightly with low fat cooking spray and grill pork until just cooked through (about 2-3 minutes per side). Transfer to a platter, tent with foil, and let rest for about 5 minutes. Serve with the carrots.