Makes 20 slices
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 2 hours
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup coca powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups plus ¼ cup evaporated cane juice, divided
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 12 egg whites
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp pure almond extract
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, slightly thawed
For the whipped cream
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp evaporated cane juice
- Seeds scraped from
- ½ vanilla bean
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Lightly spray a 9-inch tube or Bundt pan with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, flour, 1/3 cup evaporated cane juice, and salt; sift by hand. In a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar with an electric mixer on medium-low sprrd until frothy.
- Fold in 1 cup evaporated cane juice, extracts, and the flour mixture. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool; loosen sides and bottom of cake with a knife and turn upside down onto a plate to remove from pan.
- About 15 minutes before serving, combine raspberries and remaining ¼ cup evaporated cane juice in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together heavy cream, evaporated cane juice, and vanilla seeds. Top each slice of cake with raspberries and whipped cream immediately before serving.