- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- ¼ cup fat-free milk
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1 lb 96 percent lean ground beef
- 8 oz whole wheat rotini pasta
- 3 cups low-fat, low-sodium, low-sugar marinara sauce, heated
- 4 tsp grated reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly coat large nonstick baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
- Mix egg whites, oats, and milk in bowl using fork. Add parsley, onion, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and red-pepper flakes and mix until combined. Mix in beef until well combined.
- Make 32 uniform meatballs, each about 1¼” diameter (use a cookie scoop or measuring spoon). Roll into balls with hands and arrange, not touching, on prepared baking sheet. Bake 7 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink inside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions while meatballs bake. Drain. Divide pasta among 4 bowls.
- Top each with ¾ cup of the sauce and 8 meatballs. Sprinkle 1 tsp of the Parmesan over each bowl and serve.
Weight Loss Recipes Amount per Serving: 481 Calories, 37 g Protein, 76 g carbohydrates, 13 g Fiber, 8 g fat,2 g saturated fat, 63 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium