- 8 oz parsnips, peeled and cut into 1” pieces
- 8 oz rutabaga, peeled and cut into 1” pieces
- 8 oz turnips, peeled and cut into 1” pieces
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 oz whole grain penne or fusilli pasta
- 2 tbsp homemade or bottled pesto sauce*
- ½ cop finely chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Preheat oven 400 F.
- Place parsnips, rutabaga, and turnips on 15”*10” baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper to taste. Toss well and distribute pieces evenly over pan.
- Roast vegetables 30 minutes, or until tender and evenly browned, stirring or shaking every 15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, without adding fat or salt. Drain and toss with pesto.
- Add roasted bell pepper and vegetables to pasta. Divide among bowls and garnish with cheese and parsley. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Note: Bottled pesto is slightly heiger in calories and fat than homemade.
Weight Loss Recipes Amount per Serving: 150 Calories, 6 g Protein, 30 g carbohydrates, 6 g Fiber, 3 g fat, < 1 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium