- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 2 cups pitted green olives
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan with medium heat.
- Add onion and cook for 7-8 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in basil and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar and white wine, bring to a boil then reduce heat and cook for an additional 7 minutes or until most of the liquid volatile, stirring occasionally.
- Place onion mixture in a food processor, then add the green olives and black pepper. Process until smooth.