- 4 whole wheat tortillas, 8” size
- ¼ cup light cream cheese or Neufchatel
- 12 slices turkey ham, sliced, fat-free
- 1 cup spinach, torn, fresh
- ½ cup grated carrots
- Let the cream cheese come to room temperature. Whip with a mixer, or by hand, to make it easier to spread.
- Spread about 1 tbsp cream cheese onto the tortilla, making sure to reach the edges.
- Place 3 slices of turkey ham onto tortilla.
- Put several spinach in the center of the tortilla and sprinkle with 2 tbsp of carrots.
- Roll tortilla tightly; secure with a toothpick.
- Cut the tortilla into pinwheels by cutting it in half first, then making bite-sized slices along the tortilla until you reach the end. Lay each piece cut-side down on a serving plate. Serve at once, or refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
- Choose colorful vegetables such as avocado red, cucumber, or red peppers, in your pinwheel.
- Make a fruit pinwheel using peanut butter or jam as the spread, then top with thin banana slices and other soft fruit like strawberries, peaches, plums, nectarines or plums.