Ingredients for recipes:
- 1¾ cups plus 3 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp applesauce
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup 1% low fat milk
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425° degree.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add 1¾ cup flour, 3 tbsp sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix together.
- Melt butter and place in a medium bowl with the applesauce. Add milk, egg and raisins. Stir until ingredients are blended.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture. Stir until moist. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Sprinkle the 3 tbsp flour on a flour surface. Flour your hands well and move dough from bowl to surface. Knead lightly 4 or 5 times with floured hands
- Place the kneaded dough on an ungreased cookie sheet or pizza pan. Pat the dough into an 8-inch circle. Cut dough into 8 wedges.
- Bake at 425º degree for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Instead of raisins, try other dried, chopped fruit such as apricot, mango, apples, etc.