- 1 whole wheat pita
- 3 Tbsp. (45 ml.) of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml.) of red wine vinegar
- ¾ tsp. (4 ml.) of dried oregano
- ¾ tsp. (4 ml.) of salt
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 5 scallions, sliced
- ⅓ cup (75 ml.) chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Toast pita on baking sheet in oven until crisp, about 10 minutes. Tear into pieces.
- In large-size bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, oregano, salt and ground black pepper to taste. Add tomatoes, cucumber, scallions and parsley. Toss with pita croutons.