- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 4 portobello mushroom caps (about 3½-4 oz. total)
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese (about 2 oz. total)
- 4 light multigrain English muffins, (100 calories each), such as Thomas’, split
- In small-size nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tsp. of oil. Add onion and sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, about 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat.
- In small-size bowl, combine vinegar and remaining oil. Brush over mushroom caps and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, turning occasionally, about 9-11 minutes or until tender. Top each mushroom with 1 slice cheese and grill about 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts. Transfer to plate and keep warm.
- Toast English muffins. Place bottom half of each muffin on plate and top with 1 mushroom and one-quarter of the onion. Top with remaining muffin halves.