- 3 red radishes, chopped
- ½ small seedless cucumber, peeled and chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon tahini
- 3 Tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 whole wheat pitas (6-inch diameter)
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the radishes, cucumber, bell pepper, and onion. Stir in the cheese.
- In an another bowl, mix the chickpeas, tahini, yogurt, oregano, and cumin. Mash chickpeas with a fork. Mixture will be thick and coarse.
- Slice about 1½-inch from top of each pita and open pocket. Line each pita with 1 leaf lettuce.
- Shred remaining lettuce leaves and divide between pitas.
- Divide chopped vegetables evenly between the pitas. Spoon the chickpea mixture on top of the vegetables.