- ½ cup (4 ounces) low-fat plain yogurt
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces ground buffalo
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 whole wheat pitas
- ½ cucumber, thinly sliced
- In a small-size bowl, stir together with the yogurt, mint, vinegar, and garlic. Season with the salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the buffalo, cumin, coriander, and salt until thoroughly mixed. Season with the pepper to taste. Shape the mixture into 2 patties about ½-inch thick.
- Coat the large-size skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Cook the burgers to medium rare, turning once, 5 to 6 minutes total (be careful not to overcook).
- Cut the tops off pitas. Stuff each with 1 burger and several slices of cucumber. Drizzle with the mint-yogurt dressing and serve.