- ¼ cup (2 ounces) fat-free mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon wasabi paste (sold in the ethnic-food section of most supermarkets)
- 2 cup cooked wild salmon or canned cooked salmon, flaked with fork
- 8 thinly slices (½ ounces each) whole wheat bread, toasted
- 4 thinly slices red onion
- 4 thinly red bell pepper rings
- 4 Tablespoons sliced pickled ginger
- 1 cup arugul
- In a small-size bowl, combine the mayonnaise and wasabi paste until smooth. Start with ¼ teaspoon of the paste and add more to taste. Gently fold in the salmon.
- Place 4 slices of the bread on flat surface and top each with ½ cup of the salmon mixture, 1 onion slice (separated and evenly spread over salmon), 1 pepper ring, 1 tablespoon ginger, and ¼ cup arugula. Top sandwiches with the remaining bread slices.