- 1 cup (about 8 oz.) chopped grape tomatoes
- 1 small mango (about 6 oz.), peeled, seeded, and chopped
- ¾ cup chopped grilled peaches (2-3 halves)
- ½ red bell pepper (about 2.5 oz.), finely chopped
- ½ small onion (about 2oz.), finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeňo chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sugar or honey
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 large whole wheat pitas (6-7-inch diameter), each cut into 8 wedges and split
- 1 teaspoon salt-free garlic and herb seasoning blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine the tomatoes, mango, peaches, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, and chile pepper.
- In a small-size bowl, whisk together the lime juice, vinegar, sugar, orange juice, and salt. Add to the tomato mixture and stir well. Chill, covered, at least 60 minutes to blend flavors.
- Place pita wedges on large baking sheet and coat lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle wedges with seasoning blend. Bake until edges just start to brown (about 5-6 minutes). Cool and serve with salsa.