- 4 strips extralean turkey bacon, halved
- 1 lb 96 percent lean ground beef
- 4 whole grain or whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 4 large or 8-12 small thin tomato slices
- 4 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- Preheat grill to high.
- Place medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add bacon. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until crisp.
- Remove from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Divide beef into 4 equal portions and shape into balls, packing them tightly. Press each into a patty that is about ½ “ larger than diameter of buns.
- Grill burgers about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until desired doneness (don’t smash burgers with spatula). Place bun halves, cut sides down, on upper grill rack or away from direct flame until toasted, about 20 seconds.
- Place each toasted bun bottom on plate, Top with spinach, tomato, patties, then 2 pieces of bacon each. Spread 1 tbsp of the mayonnaise evenly on each bun top, flip atop patties, and serve.
Weight Loss Recipes Amount per Serving: 295 Calories, 29 g Protein, 25 g carbohydrates, 4 g Fiber, 9 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 70 mg cholesterol, 547 mg sodium