- 1 lb orange roughy or other boneless, skinless fish fillet, such as red snapper
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder (optional)
- 8 whole grain high-fiber tortillas or stone-ground corn tortillas
- ½ avocado, chopped and lightly mashed
- ⅓ cup shredded low-fat Mexican blend or pepper Jack cheese
- ½ cup tomato salsa
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1½ cups finely shredded cabbage
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Place fish in shallow baking dish and sprinkle with lime juice, paprika, salt, black pepper, and chili powder, if using. Cover, refrigerate, and marinate about 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (or preheat oven to 375 F).
- Coat 24”*12” piece of foil lightly with olive oil cooking spray. Place fish in single layer in center of foil. Fold foil over and fold ends upward to seal in fish. Place foil packet on grill. Cook 7 to 10 minutes. Or until fish is opaque. Remove from grill.
- Wrap tortillas in foil place on grill to warm 2 minutes. Spread about one-eighth of mashed avocado on each tortilla and top with one-eighth of the fish. Sprinkle each with cheese, salsa, cilantro, cabbage, and hot sauce, if using.
Weight Loss Recipes Amount per Serving: 140 Calories, 18 g Protein, 13 g carbohydrates, 8 g Fiber, 5 g fat, < 1 g saturated fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 480 mg sodium