- 6 oz. bowtie, penne or your favorite pasta
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas, drained
- 1 (12 oz.) can of non-fat evaporated milk
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and finely chopped
- 2 oz. prosciuitto, chopped
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Optional garnishes (Nutrition Facts are calculated without these items):
- 1 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- In a serving bowl, cook pasta according to package instructions, drain, then set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking. In a mediusized saucepan, add about ½ cup of water and bring to boil. Cook peas for about 10 minutes then drain and discard remaining water in saucepan. Return peas to saucepan.
- Whisk together the milk and flour in a small-sized bowl then pour over the peas. Add the thyme and garlic then stir to combine. Raise heat to medium and stir until thickened.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and prosciutto and continue stirring until cheese is melted and mixture is combined then pour over the pasta.
- Toss pasta until well-coated with the sauce then serve with optional garnishes.