Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- olive oil cooking spray
- ½ cup unsalted, shelled pistachios, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 3 Tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 1½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup flour
- Salt and freshly ground
- black pepper
- 4 boneless (about 6 oz. each), chicken breast halves, skin removed
Ingredients for the Carrot:
- 1 ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 6 carrots, sliced ¼” thick on the diagonal
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup orange juice
- 1½ Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and Lightly coat a foil-lined baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix together with pistachios,coriander, sesame seeds and cumin in a shallow bowl. Beat egg and water together in another shallow bowl. In a third bow, add flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Dip a piece of chicken into the flour and shake off excess; quickly dip in egg mixture, then pistachio mixture, turning to coat both sides. Place onto prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake until juices run clear when pierced with a knife in the thickest part (about 25 – 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile chicken cooks, prepare the carrots. In a skillet over medium, heat olive oil then add cumin seeds and cook until fragrant. Add carrots and toss to coat with oil; season with salt and pepper. Add orange juice, cover, and cook about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in honey. Continue cooking, uncovered, until liquid evaporates and carrots are tender (about 4 – 5 minutes). Divide chicken and carrots among 4 plates, sprinkle with cilantro, and serve immediately.