- 1 can (28 oz.) fire-roasted tomatoes
- ½ sweet onion, sliced
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour tomatoes (with juice) into an 11" x 17" baking dish. Scatter onions on top and bake until mixture is thick and onions begin to brown (about 60 minutes).
- Transfer mixture to blender. Add broth, water, paprika, and chili powder then puree until smooth. Warm soup over medium-low heat until bubbling (about 5 minutes). Add buttermilk and stir to combine.
- Ladle into 4 soup bowls. Garnish each with 1 Tbsp. of yogurt and one-quarter of avocado slices.