- 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1¼ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. chopped garlic
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 leaves lettuce or 1 cup mixed salad greens
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup drained jarred roasted red peppers, sliced
- 4 slices sweet onion or red onion
- Red wine vinegar
- In a small-size bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, and garlic. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Spread over the bread slices.
- Top 4 bread slices with the lettuce, tomato, red peppers, and onion. Drizzle the vegetables with vinegar to taste and top with the remaining bread slices.