- 1 lb. deli turkey, sliced into 4 thick pieces and chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 large Asian pear, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- ¾ cup peeled, seeded, and chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup torn fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 12 large Boston, butter, or iceberg lettuce leaves
- Coat large-size nonstick skillet with cooking spray over medium heat. Add turkey and onion and sauté, stirring, until the onion is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in ginger, garlic, hoisin, and barbecue sauce. Reduce heat to low. Simmer 5 minutes. (Add a spoonful of water if mixture begins to look dry.)
- In small-size bowl, stir pear and lime juice, then set aside.
- Remove turkey mixture from heat. Stir in cucumber, mint, and almonds.
- Spoon warm turkey mixture into lettuce leaves and top with pear mixture.