- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup water
- 1 bunch (about 6) scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon canola oil
- Toast sesame seeds over medium heat in heavy pan about 5 minutes or until browned.
- Combine with vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and red-pepper flakes in small-size bowl and chill
- In medium-size bowl, whisk flour, egg, and water until smooth. Stir in scallions, garlic and salt.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Ladle batter by scant ¼-cup measures into skillet and smooth out to make 4 thin pancakes. Cook until golden brown on one side, about 3 minutes. Flip pancake and cook, 2 to 3 minutes more. Repeat with remaining oil and batter.