- 1 zucchini, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 whole wheat pitas (6-inch diameter)
- ¼ cup fat-free chunky garden-style pasta sauce
- ¼ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and bell pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are softened.
- Place pitas on ungreased baking sheet. Bake until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add sauce to vegetables and mix well. Spread over pitas and top with ricotta. Sprinkle with mozzarella and tomatoes. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted.