- 3 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. crushed red-pepper flakes
- 12 oz. trimmed boneless beef top round, cut across the grain into 1” bite-size pieces
- 2 stalks broccoli, cut into small florets, stems very thinly sliced crosswise (about 5 cups)
- ⅓ cup reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. peanut or canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted cashews
- 2 cups prepared instant brown rice (without butter)
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, and red-pepper flakes in medium-size bowl. Add beef and toss to mix. Marinate 30 minutes.
- Place steamer basket in large pot with 2" of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Steam broccoli in basket until crisp-tender (about 6-8 minutes). Remove from steamer and set aside.
- Drain beef, reserving marinade. Mix broth and cornstarch in cup. Warm 1 Tbsp of the oil in large, deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry 30 seconds. Add half of the beef and stir-fry until no longer pink (about 2 minutes), transfer to plate. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Stir-fry bell pepper until just crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Return beef and any juices, reserved marinade, and broccoli to skillet. Toss to mix. Stir-fry until heated through (about 2 minutes). Add cornstarch mixture, and cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cashews. Serve over rice.