- 1 small onion, quartered
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 piece ginger (½”), peeled
- ½ cup 1% plain Greek style yogurt
- ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 skinless, bone-in chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine onion, garlic, ginger, yogurt, coriander, cumin, allspice, cinnamon, turmeric, black pepper, and red pepper in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pierce chicken all over with knife and place in ziplock bag. Add marinade, turning to coat. Seal and chill overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray and preheat grill to high.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard leftover marinade. Season chicken with salt and grill 12 minutes, turning once. Reduce heat to medium and grill 12-15 minutes more, flipping once, until thighs are no longer pink inside and thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 170 degrees F.