- 900 g desire potatoes, peeled, chopped coarsely
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium red onion (340 g), sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 rindless bacon slices (390 g), chopped coarsely
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- Boil, steam or microwave potato until just tender and drain.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in large frying pan and cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Remove from pan.
- Cook bacon in the same pan, stirring, until crisp. Then drain on absorbent paper.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan and cook potato, stirring, about 5 minutes or until browned lightly.
- Return onion mixture and bacon to pan and stir gently to combine with potato.
- Remove from heat and stir in mint.
Nutritional information per serving:Energy 1630 kJ(about 239 calories); total fat 14.2 g (sat fat 4.1 g); carbohydrate 34.7 g; protein 28.1 g; fiber 5.1 g
Related Articles:Potato Power
Potato Power: Top Tips For Storing and Cooking
Weight Loss Recipes: LYONNAISE POTATOES
Weight Loss Recipes: POTATO PUFFS
Weight Loss Recipes: SCALLOPED POTATOES
Weight Loss Recipes: POTATO BLINI WITH SALSA CRUDA