- 200 g Sebago potatoes, peeled
- ¾ cup (110 g) self-raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- ¾ cup (180 ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 100 g butter, melted
- ¼ cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- ¼ cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes (380 g), seeded, chopped finely
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 small red onion (100 g), chopped finely
- 1 small avocado (200 g), chopped finely
- 1 tbsp rinsed, drained baby capers
- 1 tsp horseradish cream
- ½ cup (80 g) sour cream
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- Boil, steam or microwave potatoes until tender, and drain. Mash the potatoes in large bowl and stir in sifted flour and soda.
- Make a well in the centre of potato mixture and pour in combined rind, milk and egg, stirring, until batter is smooth. Cover and stand for 10 minutes.
- Make salsa cruda. Combine ingredients in medium bowl.
- Make horseradish topping. Combine ingredients in small bowl.
- Heat large frying pan and brush lightly with a little of the butter. Cook tbsp of the batter, in five batches, until browned both sides, brushing pan with butter between batches. Transfer blini to wire rack to cool.
- To serve, top blini with salsa cruda and horseradish topping.
Nutritional information per blini:Energy 435 kJ (about 103) ; total fat 8.6 g (sat fat 3.9 g); carbohydrate 5.1g; protein 1.5 g; fibre 0.5g
Related Articles:Potato Power
Potato Power: Top Tips For Storing and Cooking
Weight Loss Recipes: LYONNAISE POTATOES
Weight Loss Recipes: POTATO PUFFS
Weight Loss Recipes: SCALLOPED POTATOES
Weight Loss Recipes: POTATO BLINI WITH SALSA CRUDA