- 1.2 kg desire potatoes, peeled
- 150 g leg ham, chopped finely
- 300 ml pouring cream
- ¾ cup (180 ml) milk
- ¾ cup (90 g) coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 C/160 C fan-forced and oil a 1.5litre (6-cup) baking dish.
- Using a sharp knife, mandoline or V-slicer, slice potatoes into 2 mm slices and pat dry with absorbent paper. Layer a quarter of the potato in baking dish and top with a third of the ham. Continue layering the remaining potato and ham, finishing with potato.
- Heat cream and milk in small saucepan until almost boiling and pour over potato mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Top with cheese and bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until potato is tender. Stand 10 minutes before
Nutritional information per serving:Energy 1,864 kJ (about 445) ; total fat 29.5 g (sat fat 18.8 g); carbohydrate 29.1 g; protein 15.2 g; fiber 3.2 g
Related Articles:Potato Power
Potato Power: Top Tips For Storing and Cooking
Weight Loss Recipes: LYONNAISE POTATOES
Weight Loss Recipes: POTATO PUFFS
Weight Loss Recipes: SCALLOPED POTATOES
Weight Loss Recipes: POTATO BLINI WITH SALSA CRUDA