- 600 g coliban potatoes, peeled, chopped coarsely
- 50 g butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 rindless bacon slices (195 g), chopped finely
- ½ cup (75 g) self-raising flour
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 2 green onions, chopped finely
- ¾ cup (90 g) finely grated gruyere cheese vegetables oil, for deep frying
- Boil, steam or microwave potato until tender and drain.
- Mash potato with butter and garlic until smooth and cool.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in oiled, small frying pan until crisp and drain on absorbent paper. Add bacon, flour, egg, onion and cheese to potato mixture and stir until combined.
- Heat oil in large deep frying pan and deep-fry level tbsp of the potato mixture, in batches, until browned. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve with sour cream, if you like.
Nutritional information per puff:Energy 318 kJ (about 76 Caloriess) ; total fat 5 g (sat fat 2 g); carbohydrate 4.5 g; protein 3 g; fiber 0.4 g
Related Articles:Potato Power
Potato Power: Top Tips For Storing and Cooking
Weight Loss Recipes: LYONNAISE POTATOES
Weight Loss Recipes: POTATO PUFFS
Weight Loss Recipes: SCALLOPED POTATOES
Weight Loss Recipes: POTATO BLINI WITH SALSA CRUDA